Saturday, December 19, 2009

Experiments with Encaustic


Last year I took a workshop with Elise Wagner at A6 in Bend, Oregon. Previously I had taken a workshop from Shawna Moore. Both artists are very proficient with their medium but have different approaches. I learned a very textural technique from Elise that I wanted to try out in my home studio. Here are the finished results. They were fun to create and I like the look of encaustics very much but I couldn't wait to get back to my acrylics. I don't have the room in my studio or the proper ventilation to continue with encaustic painting. I will just have to enjoy the encaustic creations of other artists. Three artists who do wonderful things with encaustic are in my artists group. Take a look at their work at htt://www.altgroupart.com and see my acrylic paintings while you are at it.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful colors. Lack of ventilation is the reason I've avoided encaustics also.

    ReplyDelete